SCB Graduate Student Research Fellowship Awards
A new initiative from SCB will allocate $10,000 of awards funding to support ten Graduate Student Research Fellowships for student members of SCB.
The SCB Global Awards Committee will allocate 10 x $1,000 fellowships annually. The Committee will evaluate applicants on merit, and with respect to geographic, topical, gender and other aspects of conservation diversity.
- Application Deadline: 1 April 2017
- Award Amount: $1,000 USD total
- Notification of Winners: May 2017
Graduate Student Research Fellowship Awards will support field work, including travel, materials or equipment required to conduct research by graduate student members of SCB.
Students must demonstrate financial need toward completion of graduate degree and graduate research must contribute to SCB’s mission to advance the science and practice of conserving Earth's biodiversity.
The fellowship is designed to support early or mid-stage graduate students who need assistance with costs toward field expenses in order to complete their degree.
- Completed application form submitted by 1 April 2017
- Short CV (max 2 pages)
- Proof of active membership in SCB
- Proof of university enrollment for the period January-June 2017 (e.g., scanned copy of a university student card, registration fees receipt).
- Letter of support from primary supervisor, mailed separately to email@example.com with your name in the subject header
Applicants will need to complete the Graduate Student Fellowship Award Application, which requires a description of the applicant's research project, a budget justification that explains what the funds will be used for and how the fellowship award will support completion of the applicant's graduate degree, and a statement about the applicant's service to SCB (conferences attended, chapter participation, committee support / volunteerism, etc.).
Download the 2017 SCB Graduate Student Research Fellowship Awards application. Be sure to submit your application before 1 April!