SCB Working Groups
Working Groups of SCB are groups that focus on a topical area relevant to the mission and goals of SCB. Working Groups provide a voice for important conservation issues not currently addressed amongst SCB's many activities. Please click on the appropriate link below to learn more about SCB Working Groups or about how to create a new Working Group.
Official SCB Working Groups
- Conservation Marketing
- Social Science
- Ecological Economics and Sustainability Science
- Religion and Conservation Biology
- Conservation Genetics
Provisional SCB Working Groups
Contact the organizers of SCB's provisional working groups to learn more about group activities and how you can join and contribute to the group: Soraia Barbosa (Conservation Genetics), Christa Rose (Food Systems and Conservation), Jose Lahoz-Monfort (Conservation Technonogy) and Lauren Bailey (Urban Ecology).
Interested in Forming an SCB Working Group?
Apply for Provisional Status
- Provisional Articles of Charter
- Proposal of Working Group activities including activities during first year
- List of 20 (or more) provisional members - use this format and template
- Operate under the provisional status for at least 6 months
Apply for Official Status
- Official Articles of Charter
- Signed Working Group Bylaws
- Report on previous 6 months progress
- Working Group Proposal including proposed activities for coming three years
- List of 100 (or more) members - use this format and template
Reauthorize your Working Group
- Reauthorization form
- Report of previous three years activity
- Proposal of activity for next year
- List of current Working Group members (must be >100, use this format and template)
- Updated Bylaws (if appropriate)
Please note that during the formation process of Working Groups, the Executive Office of the Society for Conservation Biology reserves the right to dismiss a member from the group if it’s determined that the member has engaged in conduct that is damaging to the interests of the Working Group or SCB.